is a government relations, public policy and strategic development firm representing clients in the dynamic new world of predictive and personalized health care. We specialize in navigating the labyrinth of legislators, regulators, health care providers, patient advocates, third-party payers, and journalists who will ultimately determine if innovation succeeds or fails.
Emily J. Holubowich, Senior Vice President
Photo by David Bohrer / National Assoc. of Manufacturers
Emily J. Holubowich, MPP, Senior Vice President, Emily joined CRD Associates in 2009 and has 15 years of experience in health and fiscal policy, government relations, strategic communications, and coalition management. Among CRD’s clients, Emily represents:
- AcademyHealth on issues related to health services research, patient-centered outcomes research, and health data. In this capacity, she is the chief advisor to AcademyHealth’s two coalitions, the Friends of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality and the Friends of the National Center for Health Statistics;
- Coalition for Health Funding, an alliance of 95+ national organizations that supports a strong and sustained investment in discretionary public health programs. Emily serves as the Coalition’s Executive Director and as the founding co-chair of the Coalition’s NDD United campaign, selected by The Hill as one of the top 10 lobbying victories of 2013.
- Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists on issues related to disease surveillance and public health and prevention; and
- NAPHSIS on issues related to vital records on births and deaths that are used to monitor public health, administer benefit programs, and to ensure a person “is who they say they are” when applying for an official ID, a job, or benefits.
Emily has an extensive body of written work and more recently has authored and managed the production of the following reports for her clients’ use in advocacy campaigns:
- Faces of Austerity: How Budget Cuts Hurt America’s Health, Coalition for Health Funding (July 2015)
- AHRQ: 15 Years of Transforming Care and Improving Health, AcademyHealth (Jan. 2014)
- Faces of Austerity: How Budget Cuts Have Made Us Sicker, Poorer, and Less Secure, NDD United (Nov. 2013)
- More Better Faster: Strategies for Improving the Timeliness of Vital Statistics, NAPHSIS (Apr. 2013)
Emily is frequently sought out by the media for her expertise on public health and fiscal policy, appearing on MSNBC and National Public Radio and quoted in USA Today, Washington Post, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Reuters, Politico, CNN Money, Huffington Post, and other Beltway and trade publications. She is also called upon by universities and national organizations to lecture on the policy environment and best practices in strategic communications and advocacy.
Before joining CRD Associates, Emily served as the director of government relations for AcademyHealth and a senior health policy analyst with the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO).
She has a long record of volunteer service, coaching youth athletics and mentoring disadvantaged, college-bound youth. In 2014, Emily was elected as the Chair of the Associates Board of Directors of the Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts, where she has actively participated on the Board and its Nominating, Government Relations, and Ball Committees since 2010.
Emily holds a Master of Public Policy from The Johns Hopkins University and a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and English from the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth.